Friday, November 28, 2008

gettin started.. starting to think about it!

So…
Risk, initiative and all that jazz….
How does it all occur to oneself?
In my case, it happened over quite sometime. For quite a while it just happened by default within my mind and then it was done by design as I became more aware of the way I was thinking and feeling about making a career. A lot of us grow up thinking of a dream job. Somewhere, some of us say, I don’t want a boss. A few out of these ‘i-don’t-want-a-boss’ or ‘I’m-my-own-boss’ actually think of going down that path. Again, there are those who choose to do that with some experience under their belts, some who like to start early and gain relevant experience as they go along. I’ve met both kinds, successful and otherwise, and its been hard to judge what’s better. In my conclusion, it depends on what kinda person u r! if you can handle a life like that of a ‘dashing car’ and seem to enjoy it, then start early.

I can talk about starting early, coz I’ve done that myself….
I’ll share with you my experience of talking to those who either plan to start in sometime (they are currently gaining ‘experience’ in jobs) or believe that starting later is better.Some of these conversations that I’ll mention, have been intense, given sleepless nites to those involved, been laughed about, changed lives and given rise to some initiatives too.

All of this and more as I proceed with this blog in the days to come….

No comments: